Wednesday, March 26, 2008

CH. 12 Make Every Minute Count

I connected with the author's words on page 283 when she looked into student's eyes seeking to find what they love to do. I believe we have to spend time meeting our student's eyes and giving them reasons to smile. Just as the author, we all want to connect with students and make our time together count. I hope to develop some of my own lists, such as secrets of good writers, with my students to post in the room and help motivate us as we write. Finally, her question to ask ourselves, "How did what we do help students become more competent, confident, and independent as literacy learners?" As with my own children, I want to turn my students into life time learners and writers.

4 comments:

vicki'svoice said...

I agree, we just want to create life long learners.

Travelin' Tim said...

I believe we all want life long learners and I hope we don't turn them off to that by assessing, assessing, assessing!

Mrs. Gary said...

I want to create life long learners too, but I also want my students to remember me as the teacher who turned them on to writing and one who loved to read their pieces

PHuston said...

I agree, I desire to turn my students into life long learners and writers. Additionally, I pray I look into their eyes to see what they love to do and read their writing to encourage them on.